Choosing the right real estate agent
This page is the hardest one on the website for me to create. I'm not at all a fan of telling other people that I am good at something, but in the Real Estate game it is almost required to do so or people get their information from you then write offers with someone else because they sold themselves harder. Below you will find some bullet points that show my qualifications and experience when it comes to buying and selling lake property in Wisconsin. If you would like more information about me, and how I can help you find the right lake property, feel free to email, text or call me and I will be glad to fill you in.
What makes me the right agent for you?
- I am responsiveWhether it's responding to email inquiries, returning phone calls, or setting up showing appointments, I always do everything I can to respond in a timely manner.
- I am availableThe great thing about technology is being available at all times. 7 days a week, morning and night, I'm available by email, text, or phone.
- I am NOT pushyI have no interest in being a pushy real estate agent. I will answer all of your questions, provide you with property information, and inform you when properties come available that meet your criteria. However, as I mentioned above, you dictate the pace. I'm here to HELP you through each stage not push you through.
- I work exclusively with lake propertyWhile most agents work a small area and cover everything in that area, I only deal with lake properties. Because of this I'm very well versed in what different lakes offer in terms of positives and negatives. I also have a more expansive database of lake knowledge because of my focus on lake properties.
- I buy, develop and sell lake propertyAs a real estate investor myself, I review every lake listing that becomes available in Northern Wisconsin from a buyer's perspective. Taking the time to look at every listing gives me a greater appreciation for the better listings. I can help explain why similar homes have different values based on location, lake, size, etc.
Developing lake properties in the past has provided me with knowledge of many county ordinances. I can often help explain what you can and can't do with a property.
There is a big difference in selling someone else's property and selling your own property and when it comes time to purchase negotiations my experience as the actual seller (not just as the selling agent) can be very helpful to give you a decent idea of what the seller is thinking. Knowing that thought process is beneficial to you as the buyer as well.
- Real Estate is in my bloodI grew up as the son of a real estate broker/developer/farmer in Central Wisconsin so I have been around the business a long time. I "sold" my first lake home when I was 9 yrs old (see picture - that's me in the puffy white shirt). Of course I wasn't a licensed agent back then. I was simply watching the office for my dad, and when the people came in and told me what they wanted, I walked them down the street and showed the home that they ended up buying from my dad. It's a fun story to tell, but the best part is that I remain friends with the buyers (Red and Mary) to this day. My experience growing up in the real estate business and seeing both the buying and the selling end of it has allowed me to feel real comfortable when it comes to assessing the positives and negatives of different properties.
- I have experienceNot only do I have experience as an agent helping buyers and sellers through real estate transactions, but I also have experience as a general contractor and as a loan officer. Understanding the lending process and the documents involved is helpful to prepare you for the next steps after you have an accepted offer.
When the market slowed down (2008) my brother and I started building spec homes on our properties in order to help sell them faster. Being involved in building projects not only as the general contractor, but also in the trades has given me a far greater understanding of the construction process, who good subcontractors are, and what to look for in older homes in terms of potential problems.
- I careAt the end of the day, the main reason I would be the right agent for you is that I care. Buying/Selling/Building lake property isn't just my job, it's my life. I genuinely get excited when I can get a deal put together that will put someone in a position to experience years of happiness. When deals get down to the end I lose sleep because I'm excited for my clients. It's an experience that I want to be as fun and rewarding for you as it is for me. As I hope you can tell from this website, when I do something, I do my best to do it right.